Sally and bill who i met whilst working on a series about bushfire survivors. I know I overuse the word but these people were amazing. Sally is in her 60's and defended her house on black saturday with nothing but a hose and a neighbour. Bill, suffering from emphasemia, was driven up the road to a spot that was believed to be safe. He became trapped in the car and waited the fire out for 5 hours before he became unconcious and a freind pulled him to safety. Sally managed to save her house and her beautifull garden but lost a lot of freinds in the fire. The grace and energy with which she carries herself is downright humbling and her positivity is infectious. Of course i cried like an idiot when she told me her story, and of course I taking photos was the last thing I wanted to do. But I'm glad I had the chance to meet her and hope I get to photograph her more.

And yes in ten years this is the only time a roll of film has fallen out of the tank during development....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...