Get outta my head

I had a conversation a few days back with an artist whose work I admire and whose career I covet. I went to her for some advice, honestly hoping she would say a few words, sprinkle some fairy dust and BAM I'd be a world class photographer. I haven't taken a photo in the last day to test but failing the magic theory I could always just use the great advice she gave me.
People only really have 3 great ideas in their lifetimes ( genius' excluded). It's about synergy and tapping into the zeitgeist. If you can say what everyone else is thinking before they even know they are thinking it, your work will resonate with a huge audience. That being said, she told me to look at photographs as opposed to photographers, to stop comparing myself and concentrate on the work. To remember that I am a part of the collective consciousness and to tap into that rather than step away. I know what your thinking, how freaking lucky am I to be able to get advice like that. I know it, and when you get advice like this it becomes your duty to pass it on.

Then, like clockwork, the universe delivered this video to my inbox, the ultimate story about the need to create trumping anything else.




| Artists Wanted | In Focus : Pete Eckert from Artists Wanted on Vimeo.




I've been playing pyscho analysist on myself the last week or so for other reasons but I think it all helps with my photography. But now is the time to get out of my head and back into my photos, especially seeing I just brought a beautiful new Bronica ETRS to master before my trip next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...