Bittersweet





   





All these images are from recent shoots for various projects.



Bittersweet is the word two of my dearest friends used to describe my photos this week. I think that word encompasses what I try to do more than anything. Photography can be so pretty but I think the medium is too strong to be used for something merely decorative. Life is not all soft light and graphic compositions. This week I am photographing an incredible woman I met who has an adopted 23 year old daughter with cerebral palsy. I am going to photograph her and her daughter as part of my mother hood project.  I photographer her for work and go to talking about her life and the decisions that lead her to adopt a (then) child with such serious disabilities. Her answer?
 " she deserved to be loved"And I think a person like that deserves to be photographed no matter how bittersweet the images may end up being,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...