art nerd

 francis bacon
 amedeo modigliani
williem de kooning
I had a little euphoric moment at MOMA. One reason being that I have always wanted step foot into the place, ever since I was a teenager. Another was being so close to paintings I had only ever seen in books.The photography department was suprisingly small but had some gems from the greats.  I would have maybe gotten more excited about the collection if I weren't sitting opposite signed prints from Cartier Bresson, Sally Mann, Shelby Lee Adams, Diane Arbus and Edward Weston everyday of my internship. But the contemporary collection was sadly the same conceptual crap that passes for art back home. More shooting/ posting is on the agenda in the next few days and then the big one- Halloween

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...