Tyler







It's been a shitty year for Tyler.  I've been reluctant to photograph Tyler this year as his diagnosis of cancer a second time around was too cruel, too heartbreaking. I wanted to be present for him and his family and didn't feel like my camera had a real place even though it would have been welcome.  I also don't think I ever want to be reminded of seeing people I care so much about going through hell. My mentor said to me to be careful of making things to tragic with my photography, that showing joy is just as powerful. So post Oaxaca I wanted to photograph Tyler to show his beauty and strength more than his illness.









1 comment:

  1. Morganna, these are wonderful. They show someone who has learned the value of true happiness.

    Our very best wishes to Tyler and his family.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...