Life in the house






The past two weeks I have been photographing at the Ronald McDonald House Monash as part of a project I proposed to them late last year. I had wanted to document the stories of the house ever since I had my first contact with them ( they introduced me to Katie). I sat on the idea until I knew I would have a break long enough to give the time I needed to get it right.

I am still shooting but wanted to post these shots of the most remarkable little boy Lucas. Hard to believe it but he spent 10 months in a conscious coma in the Pediatric Intensive Care unit at the Monash after contracting Botulism. His mother Bree is one of those beautiful souls you can come across in life, she is kind, funny and her strength radiates. She showed me some of the first photos taken of Lucas when he came into intensive care, photos so startling I had to keep looking over at the pram to reassure myself that this same little boy is ok now, smiling and full of energy. Next week Lucas goes home to Mildura and leaves the hospital that has been home for them both to start his new life and continue growing into the wonderful little person he will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...