Out with the old


2014 has been a big year in so many ways.

Opportunities have been thrown at so many of us like some sort of manic tennis ball machine and it's brilliant but slightly overwhelming. I know it's not just me that has been feeling exhilarated but exhausted. In an effort to take back a bit of control of my life and to start to make the transition into adulthood ( finally) I've had to be realistic about what I want out of my short time on this planet and how to make it happen. The biggest change for me? I've come to terms with the fact that being a freelance photographer is not a way for me to earn a living. I never picked up a camera expecting I would one day spend my mornings chasing up long overdue invoices, running around town shooting shitty events and constantly being broke. Too broke sometimes to work on my documentary work.

So I've decided not to anymore.

I've picked up a teaching job that I love and am happy to do that, the occasional wedding and devote my energy to the documentary work I love doing and the work for which I can say I am finally feeling like I might be good at. I'm making plans, writing lists and finally feeling in control of my own destiny again. Part of this change will be making my digital footprint a lil more cohesive so I am moving to a new blog that will run as part of my website- www.mnmphotography.com.au so if you want to keep up with my adventures that's where I'll be.

1 comment:

  1. Morganna,
    You are a brilliant and talented young woman and you will do well. We're not often given the opportunity to work at what we love. Congratulations on your new path and kudos on your willingness to take a chance on grabbing the brass ring. Best wishes from Texas.
    Nathan's Grammie Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...